Five Planets in Aquarius & Valentine’s Day – How to Bring More Love & Romance into Our Lives?
February 10, 2024
As we are approaching Valentine’s, I was wondering why is it that we celebrate love during Aquarius season. If Valentine’s would have been celebrated during the season of Libra, the sign of love and relationships, there would be no questions asked. If we celebrated love in the season of passionate and romantic Leo, it would totally make sense. I could also understand it if we celebrated love during the season of homy Cancer, sexual Scorpio, or compassionate Pisces. But Aquarius?
Aquarius is the sign of friendships and is not considered to be romantic. It is very free-spirited and does not necessarily like to have conventional monogamous relationships. It is the sign of the higher mind, and not so much associated with matters of the heart.
We might say that it was just a coincidence, that Saint Valentine was executed on February 14, during Aquarius season, and that it was decided to celebrate love on his execution date. It is not random however, that around 200 years after Valentine’s execution, when Rome shifted from paganism to Christianity, Valentine’s was announced as a holiday of love. It came to replace the pagan holiday of fertility, Lupercalia, or Februa, which used to be celebrated on the same date.
So, let’s try to see how Aquarius connects with the celebration of romance and love, and what we can learn from it to bring more love and romance into our lives.
Aquarius is true to herself, authentic and honest to a fault, while her honesty is steeped in self-knowledge. These qualities are crucial for having healthy, supportive, and empowering romantic relationships. We do not celebrate love during Libra season because Libra represents a tendency to please others and the desire to be liked by others. We do celebrate love in the season which calls us to be exactly who we are. Only then, we attract the right people and the right circumstances into our lives. Only then, we can sustain good, loving relationships that pass the test of time.
Aquarius is the sign of friendships, which is the most important ingredient of good relationships. Passion, sexual attraction, and mutual values are also crucial for a healthy relationship, but without friendship, relationships can’t go through crises and hardships. It amazes me that so many of us get into serious relationships, only to find out that we have nothing to talk about, or that we can never have a meaningful conversation.
In one of my serious relationships, whenever I was not happy with my partner, he said the exact same thing, “I promise I will change.” We were never able to go deep and try to understand why he was acting the way he did. We never got to the roots of the problems, and the issues kept repeating themselves. On the other hand, in my beautiful marriage, when my husband and I went through some challenging years, friendship was our lifeboat. We talked about everything with openness and honesty, and as a result, our relationship only grew stronger.
Aquarius is the sign of vision. Having a shared vision with our romantic partner, is necessary for the long-term success of the relationship.
Lastly, Aquarius is the sign of individual uniqueness. Celebrating love during Aquarius season reminds us that romantic love has all shapes, shades, and sizes. What works for one, does not work for others. I know so many women who agreed to open relationships that eventually generated pain and trauma for them. I know of many who have great relationships when they each live in their own home. The most important thing is to listen to yourself and to choose the relationship that works for YOU, not the relationship which is cool or mostly accepted among your peers.
To bring more love and romance into your life, follow these Aquarian suggestions for love:
- Be authentic and honest, even if you think the other person won’t like your truth.
- Understand yourself, through astrology or other self-investigation means, so that you can engage in a relationship that accepts and empowers the various layers of your personality.
- Base your relationship on friendships. Some questions you can ask yourself are:
- Do I have deep and meaningful conversations with this person?
- Do I appreciate their opinions? Do I feel that they appreciate my opinions?
- Do I feel seen and heard by the other person?
- Do we talk about difficult issues?
- Can I express my true emotions with them?
- Do they express their emotions with me?
- Create a vision for the future with your partner or create your vision of a relationship and share it with the next person you find love with.
- Structure your relationship in a way that works for YOU. It does not matter what others think.
Wishing you a happy Valentin’s filled with love and romance,
What can be a better Valentine’s gift than a relationship chart reading? Learn about the magic that connects you, about your gifts, your challenges and how to strengthen your connection.
Special Valentine’s relationship reading of 75 minutes for $220 instead of $250. Use code LOVE24 when you book. Valid through February 29, 2024.
More Astrological Information This Week
Event of the week: 5 planets in Aquarius.
Aspects: Uranus square sun.
Dominant element: Air.
Missing element: Fire.
- Sunday, February 11, Sun and Mercury in Aquarius, moon in Pisces, Venus, and Mars in Capricorn.
- Monday, February 12, moon enters Aries.
- Tuesday, February 13, Mars enters Aquarius.
- Wednesday, February 14, moon enters Taurus.
- Friday, February 16, Venus enters Aquarius, moon enters Gemini.
- Saturday, February 17, Saturn conjunct sun.
Don't want to miss a post?
Sign up to receive mail notifications when a new post comes up plus get your FREE Let Your Moon Glow PDF below: